Please review our technical requirements to the original files for printing labels, stickers, self-adhesive tapes in Russia, Moscow. Their compliance will allow to save your and our time and to minimize terms of performance of work on preparation of mock-ups. If you have any questions, our prepress engineer will be happy to consult you, and, if necessary, will take on some of the work related to preparing files for printing.
File format and resolution
- Adobe Illustrator;
- CorelDRAW Х5 (CDR).
- Adobe Photoshop up to version CS5.5 (PSD, TIFF).
It is possible to provide a raster image in JPEG format, but in this case the printing house is not responsible for the quality of the print. The resolution of raster images should be 300 ppi for a halftone image and 600-1200 ppi for a single-color image in Bitmap format. The physical dimensions of the raster image should be in a 100% scale.
File content requirements
- Raster images in vector file should be linked and not embedded.
- The file should not contain extra elements that are not related to the design, as well as have hidden objects and turned off layers
- If the image needs to be improved, the file must have unlinked working layers. The color profile (if available) must be embedded in the file. All additional blend colors should be in separate (spot) channels.
- All elements of each type of additional finishing should also be arranged on separate layers and painted in a different color in the spot mode. The image of the finishing elements should be overlayed on the main design, and in addition can be made separately.
- A layer with a cutting contour must be in the file. The minimum rounding radius of corners is 0.6 mm.
- Mandatory overhangs for cutting contour are at least 1.5 mm. Geometrically well-positioned elements (for example, frames) and informationally important objects (for example, a text block) should be moved inwards at least 1.5 mm from the cutting contour.
- Files requiring text editing should be sent in duplicate: with an editable text block and with text converted into curves. All used fonts must be attached to the file for sure. Acceptable fonts: Open Type (preferred); PostScript Type 1; True Type. The thickness of the lines of the font (main, auxiliary lines and serifs) must comply with the minimum thickness of the stroke (at least 0.1 mm).
- Barcode must be created with the help of special applications and translated into a vector view. The use of a barcode in raster form, as well as its disproportionate change outside the generation procedure, is not allowed. The reading of a barcode of less than 80% of the nominal size of the reading systems of shop barcodes is not guaranteed (according to GOST R 51201-98, the minimum width of the EAN-13 is 31.35 mm at the extreme strokes). For a barcode, the use of red and low-contrast colors is forbidden, as well as the reverse side of the print. When printing on a metallized and transparent material, the barcode should be placed on a white rectangle.
- All filters and effects with transparency should be rastered and presented as a multi-layered raster file in PSD format. Similarly, you should deal with meshy gradient fills Mesh.
- Do not use raster images with a transparent background. Clipping path should be implemented as a Clipping Path for Illustrator or Power Clip for CorelDRAW.
- The image should not contain complex curves with the number of nodes exceeding 1500.
Technological requirements for layouts
- The thickness of straight lines and elements (black on white) should not be less than 0.1 mm, inversion lines and elements (white on black) less than 0.2 mm.
- No reversal elements are allowed on the background consisting of more than two CMYK inks, in this case the background should be printed with a separate ink (Pantone), or the elements should be surrounded by a monochromatic contour; the inversion on the background of two CMYK colors should be agreed beforehand.
- When trepping procedure at the junction of elements that do not have common colors, a strip of their overlap of 0.15 mm wide appears. If the design development does not allow this fact, it is necessary to introduce elements (0.3 mm thick) of black, dark or opaque mixed paint at the border, masking these overlays.
- Flexographic printing has some limitations on the reproduction of gradients going to 0%. To prevent the appearance of a visible “break” of raster elements in the minimum percentage area, the border must be masked with some design element, or the minimum stretch value should be not 0%, but 2%.
- It’s necessary to take into consideration that during the prepress preparation process 100% of large-sized solid (and barcodes) and raster elements will be divided into two different printing forms.
- Colors for printing with mixed inks are selected according to the international standard Pantone Matching System. When using mixed inks, the use of halftone transitions is desirable only within the same color.
- Desirable to accompany the submitted work materials with a JPEG file with the image of the general type of the product, its size, color and the definition of additional finishing, if necessary.
- If there are color samples (products that need to be repeated; the use of brand colors; the need to adapt the color of the print to any other media, such as a bottle, cap, etc.), color standards should be provided at the time of calculating the cost. This will allow you to accurately determine the technology of production of your products and speed up the process of its manufacture.
- Desirable to provide a contact phone number where you can contact the author of the layout.
File names must be typed in Latin and contain both the actual file name and its extension. To reduce the total volume, layouts can be archived. Formats of accepted archives: .sit, .sitx, .zip, .rar.
Files can be mailed to an employee of our company with whom you work, uploaded to our FTP server, transferred to a USB flash drive, an external USB HDD. Other media may be used by agreement.
Link to common FTP: at the request of the manager.
For confidential sending of files, please contact our manager for a personalized link.
Do you have any questions? Please, call us or order call-back.
38, Khoroshevskoye sh.